For a more accurate diagnosis
Physimed Health Group offers audiological consultations for :
- Hearing assessment: pre- and post-operative or pre- and post-treatment administered in ENT
- Expert audiological report to open a file at the CSST for occupational deafness
- Hearing surveillance in connection with taking potentially ototoxic medications
- Overall hearing needs assessment
- Recommendation of hearing aids and evaluation of their performance
- Follow-up for adaptation to wearing hearing aids
- Demonstration and recommendation of assistive hearing devices (telephone amplifier, teletypewriter (TTY), environmental controls for the door, telephone, smoke alarm and alarm clock, infrared system for television)
- Tinnitus assessment and help to reduce the tinnitus-related distress
What is the difference between Audiology and audiometry?
Routine hearing screening is done by a nurse. An audiometric evaluation via earphones is performed. If the results turn out positive for hearing loss, a more sophisticated audiogram (a complete audiologic evaluation) is recommended to be performed by an audiologist.